Monday, October 28, 2013

A little deconstruction now and then...

Something happened when I stepped out of the shower, other than fogging up the mirror and smelling better than when I first stepped in. 
I was struck!! Blind sighted by an idea that was so vivid and strong that it just about knocked me off my naked feet. It was similar to that scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy opens the door from inside the bleak, black and white room to the technicolor daydream of the land of Oz! 
Here I've been searching, driving around, looking, observing, becoming frustrated. Feeling like, "What the Hell am I doing? There is no point to this blog! It's a search for nothing I'm ever gonna figure out!" Then WHAM!!! (Not the Michael/Wrigley duo from the 80's mind you) an honest to goodness, old fashioned epiphany from the Muses that be. 
I have it! 
I have part of the answer anyway.
I always did and I haven't listened to my own inner voice like the way I preach to everyone else to do. 

I have to stop searching and just live with my eyes open for a change. 

Hallelujah! Eureka!! I think she's onto something folks! Artists really are EVERYWHERE! I, being the snot I am, wasn't looking beyond the end of my own dear nose, or fingers, in this case. 
The rest of my afternoon became very enlightening and I have my dear, sweet friend Wendi to thank for inviting me along and introducing me to a very talented artist. Gena. 


Gena is this amazing, funny, talented woman that turns Wendi's nails into works of art!! We show up and I got the "ok" to take some pictures and watch the process. 
As she sculpts and files away, She is completely at ease with us watching and chatting right along. I explain what my blog is about, as she notices me jotting notes and getting all up in her work taking pictures getting nosey in her business. "I'm going through the deconstruction of myself as an artist to see if that's who I really am... Blah, blah, blah....pretentious explaination of my simple idea and she says, "Well that sounds like something an artist would say." Big smile. 
She proudly proclaimed without hesitation, "I'm an artist." Another big smile. 

Amazing. Simply amazing. 
That's exactly what I'm looking for. That feeling. That knowing, without all the doubt. 
She continued to paint and polish each nail to perfection and then was off to her next client. 
What a fab afternoon. I feel like I'm a whole step, or maybe even a few closer to the answer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment