Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chasing Ghosts

Yesterday I had the best intentions of riding in all fabulous and finding different artists around town to connect with and talk to about being artists. Yeah! My search for kindred spirits!!
I hopped into Betty (my 13 year old, blue Saturn) and drove off into my dream bubble.

A few hours later I'm driving home with a handful of carrots and Halloween spiderwebs. Requests from my family. The bright bubble of artistic inspiration burst. Boo... Hiss.
Ok. So maybe I should have called these places I had in mind. I just figured that they would be in their element, creating life and art and music blaring and whatever. Like walking into"The Factory" but the new modern version of it without all the drug addicts and Mylar.
 Yeah, so....no.
I think modern artists take Mondays off? I need to make a mental note of this in case I ever hit that artist schedule status.

So a little deflated and less gas in my tank, I returned home and created a survey. A survey that any artist reading my blog is welcome to take. Connect with me.
I might not have the drug addicts and Mylar either but I might wake up again sometime soon and jump into another local road trip with Betty.
 So knowing that other artists are out there makes the adventure worth taking. Next time I'm taking pictures and naming names!

THE SURVEY/QUESTIONNAIRE
Here it is, all official and everything:
The Lone Artist - to wear or not wear the mask?

No comments:

Post a Comment