Saturday, October 12, 2013

Don't forget me when I'm dead.

It might seem a bit on the macabre side of things but My interest in the ancient art form of tombstone rubbings has been resurrected! Praise be!!
What in the world?! Who in their right mind would go traipsing through a cemetery with an armful of art supplies and try to capture a moment of the past on a sheet of butcher paper and graphite! Bonus points if its before 1895 and contains some sort of religious symbolism! Booyah!

Tomorrow I'm dragging my almost angry teenager and sometimes moody momma into a local graveyard along with a group of strangers for a cemetery walk. A lesson in Lake County history along with the promise of some homemade, instantly gratifying art pieces!! 

I can't wait to see how we all get along and if the weather will play nice!

A little bit o' history to share with all ya all.



No comments:

Post a Comment